Benefits of massage as listed by the "Experts" can be found below. Feedback on the benefits of bodywork/massage as experienced by clients at Time To Relax:
"Excellent! Addressed the problem that I was having on my left side. I didn't want a massage, I wanted to work on knotted up muscles and got the job done. Felt better than I've felt in a couple of months. Going back again" Vince
"I met with Chris to experience her specialized techniques in Myofasical Release. Chris did a great job of reading the body and providing a more permanent solution with MFR than traditional massage would do. I am excited to send more clients her way as now I know she is unique and affective in her style" Jolene, PT
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.